It’s the end of the month and time for another segment of my monthly Wrap Up. This is where I open up about running my business [yes, writing is a business] and let you have a sneak peak into the dirty details of a Romance author’s career. I’m covering which projects I’m working on, any set backs or opportunities that come my way, the truth about submissions, and more.
It’s also the end of the year! And man, has it gone by fast. This Wrap Up will also include a summary of my business’s entire year. Failures and accomplishments. Everything that’s happened this year.
I’m a firm believer in accountability, which is why starting in October, I’ve started detailing my goals for the next month and wrapping them up at the end. This post will also include my goals for 2016. Because why not? This helps me focus throughout the entire month, especially when I’m answering to my readership and not just myself. Shall we give it a try? For January, my goals include:
- Getting back on a set writing schedule
- Revise my newest romantic suspense, Resurrection
For the next year, my goals include:
- Contracting my first full-length romantic suspense, Desolation [didn’t happen this year]
- Contracting my the sequel to Her Fallen Protector, His Seductive Target [didn’t happen this year]
- Contracting my second full-length romantic suspense, Resurrection
- Drafting the third book in my romantic suspense series, Isolation
- Drafting the first book in a new romantic suspense, Disavowed
It’s a lot of work, but after what I saw myself accomplish this year and with the two year old going to preschool starting in January, I think it can be done.
Now that I have my goals set, let’s move onto this month’s wrap up.