I’ve been reading up on a lot of business books lately. I tend to get in those moods, you know? I binge read paranormal, then romantic suspense, and now business topics. I love studying other entrepreneurs’ businesses so I can see if something they’re doing can translate to mine.
Then I got to thinking about all the business resources that have helped me over the years and wanted to list them out for any future romance authors out there.
Here we go:
- 2k to 10k by Rachel Aaron. Rachel teaches you how to improve your productivity level by implementing knowledge, time, and enthusiasm into your daily writing sprints.
- Write Naked by Jennifer Probst. I LOVED this book. You get an in-depth look at a New York Times bestselling author’s business with real-life examples of what she’s done to grow her brand.
- Newsletter Ninja by Tammi Labreque. I covered this one a couple weeks ago, but Tammi is the boss when it comes to author newsletters. Every author I know needs to read this book. I’ve only seen growth in my own since.
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. Want pure, unfiltered inspiration to reach your goals? Get this book specifically written for creatives and get out of your own way.
- Goals, Motivation, and Conflict by Debra Dixon. This book is the keystone of writing character-driven stories (romance, hello!) and I recommend it to everyone I know.
- 5,000 words per hour by Chris Fox. This one is a recent read for me. I picked it up at the end of October and have been steadily improving my word count sprints every day following the exercises inside.
There you have it, peeps. Six awesome books that are sure to change your life in this business. Psst, Big Magic will just change your life. Period.